SMILE POST-OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS
- DO NOT rub your operative eye or squeeze your eyelids tightly immediately following your procedure.
- Wear the protective goggles at bedtime or napping for seven days following ReLEx SMILE surgery.
- Use your best judgment when exercising. We strongly recommend headbands for sweat for seven days and goggles for contact sports up to a month.
- It is ok to shower or bathe; however, avoid getting water into your eyes for two weeks after surgery.
- Avoid smoky or dusty rooms or areas with chemical vapors for two weeks following ReLEx SMILE surgery.
- DO NOT wear make-up or apply lotion around the eyes for two weeks following ReLEx SMILE surgery.
- DO NOT swim or dive in pools or the ocean for one month after surgery.
- Some eye drops may sting for up to 2 minutes or cause temporary blurred vision.
- DO NOT drive unless you feel safe and confident with your vision.
Use the medication as prescribed by Dr. Manolette Roque.
Regular diet day of surgery.
How to use eye drops:
- Wash your hands before administration of eye drop medications.
- DO NOT touch eye dropper, or let dropper touch your eye.
- Shake eye drops well before using.
- Tilt your head back, gazing upward and pull down on lower eyelid, making a pouch.
- Place dropper directly over eye and administer prescribed number of drops.
- Look downward and gently close your eye for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Try not to blink or rub eye.
- DO NOT rinse eye dropper.
- WAIT 5 minutes between every new type of eye drop medication administered.
Report any of the following to your doctor:
- Uncontrollable nausea or vomiting
- Worsening vision
- Development of rash
- Excessive pain, not relieved by pain relievers
- Call us up at St. Luke's Medical Center Global City MAB 217 at +639178442020 or +639989982020 from 8am-5pm from Mondays to Saturdays. After clinic hours, please proceed to the St. Luke's Medical Center Global City Emergency Room. We have Board-certified ophthalmologists on duty to evaluate and assist you. They will call up and update Dr. Manolette Roque.