Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery (FLACS)
Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery (FLACS) under local anesthesia at St. Luke’s Medical Center Global City.
This is an all inclusive package (hospital bill, professional fee, and foldable acrylic monofocal intraocular lens).
You may upgrade to any premium intraocular lens (IOL), ie. aspheric monofocal, aspheric monofocal toric, aspheric multifocal, or aspheric multifocal toric. The IOL choice may depend on the result of the IOL biometry results, your visual outcome requirements, and your budget.
If you have complete Philhealth documents, kindly submit your Philhealth Member Data Record (MDR) at least one week prior to contemplated surgery. Cataract pre-approval is required to avail of the 16,000 pesos benefit claim.
If you would like to use your Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), Insurance, or company benefits, kindly secure a letter of authorization (LOA) or guarantee of payment (GOP). Please ask our staff for assistance.
FEMTOSECOND LASER-ASSISTED CATARACT SURGERY (FLACS) PACKAGE
In Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery (FLACS) aka bladeless cataract surgery, the laser is used to make the opening in the eye, an opening in the lens itself, and to treat the lens. Dr. Roque uses the advanced Alcon LenSx system. An ultrasonic instrument will then gently break the cataract into microscopic particles, which are then suctioned away. This laser and machine-assisted cataract surgery technique allows small sutureless corneal incisions with foldable intraocular lens implantations.
Click on the link to read up on a manuscript on phacoemulsification which Dr. Manolette Roque prepared for eMedicine Medscape.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Femtosecond Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery (FLACS) with intraocular lens implantation under local anesthesia is performed:
- by Dr. Manolette Roque
- at St. Luke’s Medical Center Global City every weekday morning
- with the Alcon LenSx Femtosecond laser, and any of the following phacoemulsification units: Alcon Infiniti or Alcon Centurion
- Cataract screening and post-operative follow up examinations may be done at Asian Hospital MOB 509, or at St. Luke’s Medical Center Global City MAB 217. Call up +632.8828.2020 or +63917.844.2020 for bookings.
- Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery (FLACS) Package is limited to surgeries performed under local anesthesia in St. Luke’s Medical Center Global City. If sedation is requested, add 30,000 pesos to the Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery (FLACS) Package.
- STOP the following medications, one (1) week prior to planned cataract surgery:
- All blood thinners (Aspirin, Aspilet, Clopidogrel, Heparin, Enoxaparin, Ardeparin, Danaparoid, Warfarin, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba)
- All prostate medications (Harnal, Tamsulosin, Flomax, Hytrin, Avodart, Duodart, Proscar, among others).
- Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery (FLACS) Package may only be used for routine cataract surgery. It may not be availed with cataract surgery combined with trauma, glaucoma, uveitis, cornea, or retina diseases.
- Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery (FLACS) Package is inclusive of Senior Citizen Discount and exclusive of eVAT. It may not be combined with other promos and discounts.
- Additional charges will be billed for the use of Iris Hooks, Malyugin Rings, Triamcinolone Acetonide, Ozurdex Dexamethasone implant, and other devices.
- Philhealth pre-approval is required five (5) working days prior to the scheduled surgery. Please submit your Philhealth ID, MDR, and other documents 1 week prior to scheduled surgery.
- Only Philippine FDA-registered IOLs may be used when availing of Philhealth benefits. For premium IOLs which are not yet registered, Philhealth may not be filed.
- HMO letter of authorization (LOA) or Insurance guarantee of payment (GOP) needs to be requested three (3) days prior to scheduled surgery.